Wednesday, June 21, 2017

A Court of Wings and Ruin Book Review

Title: A Court of Wings and Ruin
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Genre: New Adult Fantasy
Format: Hardcover
Series: Yes, Third of trilogy
Status of Series: Completed















This is the last book in the ACOTAR trilogy (though Maas will pick the series back up with other characters in 2018).  If you haven't started the series, click here to see my review of A Court of Thorns and Roses, the first book in this trilogy.

Immediately after finishing ACOWAR, I went back and reread most of ACOMAF.  Why?  Because I don't want to leave this world quite yet.  I have--to this day--never reread a book series.  Not Harry Potter.  Not Twilight.  But I started rereading this one.  In fact, I think I will reread the whole series.   ACOTAR is officially my favorite series of all time.

This was a satisfying end to the ACOTAR trilogy.  It didn't top ACOMAF (which was disappointing) but it was still very good.  I appreciated seeing Rhys and Feyre settle into their relationship.  They acted like a married couple, which rarely happens in YA/NA books.  It was done well.  I do wish there were more scenes between just the two of them though.  I loved what we got but I wanted more.  

The plot was constantly go, go, go.  From the second the book opens in the Spring Court, I was on my toes.  You know the war is coming and that war was intense.  I loved seeing everyone on the battlefield.  Especially Cassian.  Holy cow!  And I loved getting to know Azriel better.  The final battle was epic and I was terrified!  SJM wrote an ending that has me full of emotions.  Should've expected that ending.  Totally didn't.

My one complaint?  I wish I liked Feyre's sisters but I just can't seem to muster the energy to actually like them.  I tried, believe me.  I wanted them to be tenacious like Feyre was when she got to Prythian but (even though they add to the plot) they are just sorta there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment