Sunday, April 2, 2017

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me Micro-Review

After reading Why Not Me?, I had to get my hands on Mindy Kaling's first memoir.  I wish I had read Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? first because she talks about her road to stardom, beginning with her experience upon first arriving in NYC.

One of my favorite parts is when she discusses the play she co-wrote and starred in as Matt Damon ("I have never been so excited to hold back vomit.").  She then goes on to explain how she wound up on The Office.

This book is also full of fun and interesting anecdotes, like her short essays on boys and relationships. (Although I disagree with her opinion on chest hair.  Sorry, Mindy.)  

And the cover.  Can we talk about the cover?  It's beautiful!  

No comments:

Post a Comment